CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Saturday, June 14, 2008



We woke up a bit later than we hoped to, to no surprise, but the plan for the day was to go to Manly, which is like a 30 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. Unfortunately the weather was looking pretty dreary, but we figured it would be an adventure either way. The ferry ride was great because we got to see the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge from a different viewpoint, but we had to stay inside because it was too cold to survive out. By the time we got to Manly it was like 2:00, and pretty rainy so we went to the information center to see what there was to do.


We discovered that there wasn’t much on a cold day, so we just went exploring. We went to the Manly Art Museum to get our art fix for the day. Then we walked along the beach and took a few pics. After we decided we needed to eat but couldn’t decide where to eat, which happened to be good cause we discovered that on the other side of manly was a super amazing beach. We found this cute little restaurant looking out along the beach and ate dinner. It was so awesome watching the surfers and a rainbow even came up cause there had just been a rainstorm. As we finished I went out towards the beach to get some pictures as the sunset, and as I stood there alone I felt something splash on my head and shirt. Don’t worry, I know what you might be thinking, but the answer to that is, "Yes, a bird did just crap on me."




(I couldn't believe the sunset, it was so pretty!)




Now, I felt super awkward cause I was standing by myself and didn’t really know how bad it was in my hair or on my back, so I made my way back to the restaurant and told Jayne and Wendy who thought it was pretty funny. We got some napkins from a waitress and she told us that apparently it is good luck when that happens. Honestly, I don’t see the good luck in it! Nothing amazing happened to me after the fact, so I am pretty sure that it is just a crappy situation, (if you know what I mean.)



(Just made sure to stop at my hotel before leaving Manly)


(Wendy and I didn't even realize till looking at this picture that we were awkwardly dressed the same. Please don't judge.)

Then we walked around the shops for a while, and went inside a sports bar for a bit because the New Zealand vs, England rugby game was on and we wanted to be part of the excitement. Eventually we made our way home, but all in all I had a really good time in Manly. It seems like it is a pretty happening place during the summer, but even in the winter it had a pretty great vibe!


(Harbour Bridge at night)

(I know this pic is cheesy, we took so many normal ones, but this is the only one that turned out!)

Then we made our way home because Wendy and I had a long night ahead of us because we had been asked to give talks in Sacrament the next day, and surprise, surprise, I hadn’t even started!

(Oh ya, forgot to mention that I am like a pro surfer, just saw this shot in a magazine that someone must've taken while I was ripin' a curl, and thought I would share it with my friends and fam.)

2 comments:

Jayne & McKay said...

Brighton, you're great, but mainly I just wish I would have known you in your surfing days.... :)

Tyler & Laura said...

You crack me up!! I'm glad you're having so much fun, you adventurous woman you!