CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Friday, June 13, 2008



Friday the 13th, destined for bad luck. Work was going to be exciting because I got to go to the house of one of the clients I had been working on. Greg picked me up and we made our way across the city, He didn’t know where we needed to go so for some reason he trusted me with a map, even though I had never driven in the city. I looked up the address he gave me and directed Greg to the location. As we pulled into the street Greg said that something didn’t look right. He realized that I had taken him to the right street name but in the wrong suburb and we were already late. To make matters worse the builders, and seamstress, and glassier, were waiting for us at the clients house.



We finally figured out where we needed to go, and made our journey back to the right location. (We really had gone so far out of the way). Then I got to sit in on a client meeting with Stewart and Greg. It was one of the first meetings with this client, so it was fun to see the process that they go through. Then Stewart and I went to a few showrooms and then it was back to the office. Not too bad for a Friday the 13th at work, only a few minor set backs.

(Before we left Wendy found a cockroach in our sink, so Jayne and I had to find a way to get it out because it was too big to send down the drain. Honestly it creeped me out)


That night Wendy, Jayne, and I went to meet up with Sean, (Sean’s cousin is one of Jayne’s old coaches) at a bar by his work called Le Chifley. We had to take a taxi to get there and our taxi driver was 1, super stinky, and 2, super creepy. When I went to pay him he grabbed my hand and held it, and then did the same to Jayne when he handed her back the change. And to make matters worse, the spot where he dropped us off was super sketchy.


We called Sean’s number and it would just go straight to his answering machine so luckily we found the bar and awkwardly walked in. Now the problem was that we had no idea who we were looking for, but we went in and just didn’t know what to do because it wasn’t a normal bar, there was only a few people and we weren’t really going to drink, so what do 3 mormon girls do in a bar when they don’t know anyone and they don’t drink. I’ll tell you. They stand around awkwardly asking each other what they should do.


It wasn’t long till some guys walked up to us and wondered how three american girls found this bar in the middle of nowhere. These guys were old and creepy as well, so it made for a very interesting night. (And by old I mean like late 40's) We just didn’t know if we were supposed to keep waiting or if we should just go home. It was pretty hilarious telling these guys that we didn’t drink. Luckily, like 30 minutes later I got a call from Sean and apparently he had been there the whole time, somehow we just hadn’t seen him. We were glad we were freed from the creepy old men.


It turned out really fun! The group we were meeting were really nice, but still it was funny to try to convince them that we didn’t drink. They just couldn’t believe that it was even an option. It wasn’t until Jayne told them that we were recovering alcoholics that they stopped offering us drinks. Apparently that made more sense to them.


One of the girls there was obsessed with Jason Mraz and I found out she is going to the concert Wendy and I are going to. Apparently the last time he came to Australia she actually met him, got a picture and everything so we had a lot of fun talking about him. I was secretly really jealous that she has met him. And that was the end of my Friday the 13th, not too shabby.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Do you also love the word 'super' as well? Love you little sweetie!

Cara said...

yeah, lots of super's :) Must be because you are having such a super time. Except I'm not jealous you get to deal with the spiders and cockroaches! Live it up while you can! Miss you!

Jaci said...

brighton, i'm glad you are having fun and staying safe even though you attract 40 year old men in bars :)
there is a branch bbq this week at our house and i'm having a hard time realizing that you won't be there! CrAp! what will I do? I miss having you around and I'm sure the guys do too.
When you get back we need to speak more about my home-- ya know, i need my designer to give me some advice on what to do. I'm currently working on the nursery. that would be so fun to get your opinion on!
Keep smiling.
Love, Jaci