CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Monday, May 26, 2008

Before FHE that I talk about below, Wendy and I had some time, and we wanted a picture on this bench in Hyde Park, the only problem is, it is lame to get a picture on a bench by yourself, and there wasn't really anyone there to ask to take the picture so I got this great idea that I could just photoshop it afterwards so it looked like we actually got a picture sitting by each other. Kind of nerdy, I know!


(Brighton on a bench)

(Wendy on a bench)


(Brighton and Wendy on a bench!)


Well...let’s see. I am a little under two weeks late on this journal thing, so we’ll see what I can remember. Other than stressing about starting my job the next day, Wendy and I woke up and spent the morning calling some of our family and friends on skype. When we finally got out of the house we went to Commonwealth Bank to open a checking account so we could have our money wired here. We figured this would be the easiest way to pay rent since we had to pay on a weekly basis and it would be too much to keep getting out of the atm. We didn’t really know how we were going to do the whole account thing, but when we found out that all accounts here have a fee, we decided to open our first joint account in order to save money. Hopefully there wont ever be a second. :) (A little much seeing as people already think that we act like a married couple).


Then we went to Bondi Junction to look for a job for Wendy and do a little shopping. It didn’t take long to find out that Bondi Junction is a very high end shopping center, but I still managed to find a cute skirt for $16.


Then we went to Town Hall where our church is located to go to FHE. On the walk over we passed a gelato shop so I had to check to see if they had hazelnut, and once I saw they did I had to have one. They are expensive, but I had to do it at least once!

(I was so sad because the gelato was so good that I ate it all without thinking to get a picture with it!)

Our ward They were getting ready for a big YSA (youth single adult) conference that was in a few weeks so they were practicing up on their dance routine and we were conned into participating. Then we were fed by one of the old stake presidents and that was pretty much it for the night.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your pictures! It looks like you're having so much fun. Can you please get this blog up to date! I'm sick of it being so behind! WYBMFFAE?

Jayne & McKay said...

Brighton! You just made me LOL times 10 times 23, seriously you are such a nerd and I love it! I love you because you photoshopped some pictures of you and wendy on a bench. I love you because you set your purses in exactly the right location so you could know where to sit. I love you because you opened a joint account with and now your one step closer to a common law marriage. I love you because I'm secretly jealous you guys are one step closer to a common law marriage. I love you because you love gelato. I love you because I'm gonna be in Australia with you so soon. and I love you for so many other reasons that I'll just tell you in real life when I see you so soon!

Anonymous said...

I am with Wendy. Lets get this blog up to date. I mean what else can you do in Australia????

Jaci said...

you two are such a cute couple! :)