CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunday, May 25, 2008


Well...even though we had made the extra trip to find our church yesterday, we still managed to get lost and found ourselves 30 minutes late! And we even left an hour early. I wore these new heels, that apparently hadn’t been broken into because after we had walked all over town, by the time we got to church I had multiple blisters and very soar feet. The church we go to is a YSA ward (young single adult ward). Most of the ward is return missionaries, with very few australians, and quite a few asians. (Apparently the missionaries have a lot more success with the asians than they do the australians).


Church was good, and Wendy was able to get a few leads for a job, so we’ll cross our fingers! We went home and made dinner, then later that night our flat mates invited us to walk to Coogee Beach to meet up with some students from Jorge’s uni (that’s what they call a university here). Coogee Beach was like 25 minute walk, but the weather here is pleasant all day and night long, so walking aint too bad. (I’d still choose the alternative, but I guess its keeping me healthy).
We got to the beach and it was so pretty, unfortunately it was too dark to get a good picture, but I’m sure you could imagine. Then Jorge’s German friends Tobe and Yasmine met up with us. They were really the cutest couple. We followed them to a bar, and Wendy and I were curious as to how we would go about the whole we don’t drink alcohol thing. (I know it was Sunday, but we didn’t know going to the beach meant stopping at a bar, and it was too dark to walk home alone)!

We sat down and it didn’t take long till they were ordering drinks and we just said we didn’t drink. Tobe said that he wasn’t surprised cause we were from Utah. (It still amazes me that you can be completely around the world, and Utah still has that reputation. I think it is great!) Other than trying to convince our flatmates that we were fine just conversationalizing, (I made up that word) the bar wasn’t bad. At least until Jorge had some more friends come and one of them named Sobe from the Middle East took a special interest in Wendy and I. He thought that because he didn’t drink either, we should be instant best friends! It sounds like I’m being rude, but he really was kind of creepy, but I was coerced in playing him in a game of pool, and am happy to announce that I won. But really I was more happy that the game finally was over so we could leave. All in all in was a good night. One thing about Sydney, is that it is very much like London in that it has people from everywhere, it is literally a melting pot for so many different cultures and races. We got a taxi to drive us home, because it was late and between the four of us, it would be super cheap. Then our adventures for that day was over.

0 comments: