CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Warning: This is a long entry, don't feel obligated to read, I just upload my journal entry because it is easier that way, rather than writing two versions so please excuse the length.

Thursday, June 5, 2008
I went to work like normal and Wendy called me and said that Jorge said that his uni (that is what they call their university in the Aussie lingo) was throwing a big party because classes we’re over and finals were about to start. He made sure to warn us that it was at a bar, and that people would be drinking but that we were welcome to come. We obliged, and Wendy, Ely, and I met Jorge at his school. It was just at the uni bar that is in the center of campus. (Yes, I did mean to say that.) They have a bar in the center of their campus, I guess they figure students need a release from studying, so why not make it that much easier for them to let go?

It started off great when we walked in and met up with some of Jorge’s friends. Tobe was there from the night we went to the bar at Coogee. (It seems like there is starting to be a pattern of activity here, but you have to give us some credit, everything shuts down by 5, and the only thing left open is the bars, we are doing pretty good that this was only our second). Being at a bar, everyone had drinks and we were all walking over to the dance floor and a girl came charging through our group. In the rush of getting through the group, someone’s beer spilled on this girl so she turned around thinking it was Ely and called her some words that I don’t need to mention, and Ely is a very strong willed latin women that wasn’t going to take some girl getting up on her grill; so a girl fight began. It took many guys to hold back the two very angry girls, more alcohol was hurled, and eventually before anything major happened the girls were whisked away to opposite ends of the club.
So yes, if you asked, I would say that the night was young with great opportunities for exciting stories. Especially for a sheltered Utah girl. So we went out to the dance floor and it didn’t take long before the boys were flocking us. Okay, I made that part up, but one boy did come up to us and said we had to wait there until he got his friend. But we didn’t because we wanted to dance, but unfortunately we were found by who we now know to be Steven and Chris. Now from my side of the story, Chris came up to me and immediately grabbed my hands and said that he wanted me to take a chance with him and I was thinking oh no, what are me and Wendy going to do to get out of this predicament, little did I know that I was the only one in a predicament, Wendy and Steven were having a great conversation about sports.

There was another boy that kept looking at me while I was getting pursued by Chris and I was obviously giving him the signal of help me out here, but in the end Wendy helped me so that we could leave. Eventually the boy I had been signaling came over with his friend, (his name is Nick) and I obviously got mad at him for not helping me out. Nick said that he couldn’t interrupt that boy pursuing me because he was working his Aussie moves too strong to come in between. Luckily, these boys were super cool and we talked to them for a bit, and then kept walking around the bar some more eventually running into Chris and Steven again. This time Chris went straight to Wendy and Steven to me.
(This is me and Steven)

(This is Wendy and Chris)
I got into a really deep conversation with Steven about how I didn’t drink, which obviously got us into the topic about being LDS, which for some reason seemed funny trying to talk serious with someone that was at least partially drunk. He decided that we were going to get married and I was going to have his 6 children. He said I was too career oriented and that he would have to convince me to want to be a stay at home mother to raise our children while he went out everyday to earn the money. Apparently this whole time Chris was using all the same lines on Wendy that he had tried on me, so finally we had to say we needed to go home because I had work early the next morning. Chris did not want to take that, so he continued to run options by us about staying at his place that night, when that didn’t work he said we could just get coffee at his place then, and then go home. We just told him flat out that we wanted to just go home and he would just reply, I know you do, so do I, but lets just.....(and he would fill in the blank with some new great idea that he thought would persuade us to go to his place).
Well...with the help of Steven telling his friend to give it up, we got away and found Jorge to tell him we were going home. We went out to catch a bus home to find that the buses stop at midnight until 4:00 am, so we got the privilege of taking a taxi home, which gratefully was only $12. What an adventure for sure!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Guys!!! You look like you are having so so much fun I am jealous for sure. You guys are so cute. I should send you a longer email soon but I just wanted to tell you guys real quick that I was walking down the street in Soho during work and guess who walked right past me?? Neil. From SYTYCD. Yep! I stopped and stared like an idiot and I don't think anyone else on the street even realized who he was. Woo hoo!

Danny & Haley Hill said...

Love you guys! That was entertaining...It reminds me of some of my bar adventures in Holland. It's pretty crazy but exciting. Where was Jayne by the way? Have fun kids!!!

Jayne & McKay said...

Brighton! It looks like you're having the best time ever in Australia! I'm so jealous! Wait, weren't you going with another really cool friend though? I was just wondering when you were going to get to the part where she was there too? Love ya!!