CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saturday, May 31, 2008



(This is the beach minutes from our flat!)



Since I finally got a day off of work Wendy and I decided to take advantage of it and go to the beach. It is only about an 8 minute walk to Bronte Beach from our flat, which is great! It was warm, but definitely not hot, but we were still able to get in the water. I love the beach! It is always so pretty. It made me sad that I was going to miss my families river trip this year, but I guess Australia is a pretty good reason to miss it! I’ve now only been to two beaches in Australia, so I need to get to more before it gets even colder. It was so funny how many old men, with wrinkled leather skin, were there; and in little tiny speedos at no less. (I guess it is good there was no less).


(These birds just wanted to go running with Wendy)!



(This was the pool that is just built into the beach, I don't know why they think they need a pool when they have a whole ocean)!


(Huge trees by the beach)


Then we went home and got cleaned up so we could go out to dinner, which was quite the occasion for the two of us because we are so dang frugal that we hadn’t allowed each other to eat out really ever because it was too expensive. We went to a cute little pizza shop by our flat, and then to top off our great Saturday we did none other than go grocery shopping. Which has become one of our favourite, (I meant to spell it that way, the Aussie’s think that’s the right way), activities. Then it was to home for the night.

(Our fantastic saturday activity)


While we were waiting for the bus with all of our groceries, a man came up to us and got in our faces and said that we had to be weary of guys coming to talk to us. He made sure to repeat that we needed to be weary, but that he wasn’t going to charge us for is time. It wasn’t long before we realized that he was the weary men he was warning us of. When he wasn’t acting like he was going to leave, we thanked him for the advice and told him to have a good night. After warning us a few more times, and saying some more bogus things, he finally started to walk away, and luckily our bus came right after. And that was the night!

0 comments: