CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday, June 7, 2008
We of course slept in because we were exhausted from our night of travels, but we woke up to a very pleasant surprise because we had gotten a text that morning saying that Jess, one of the cute girls from our ward and her boyfriend John would drive us to Campbelltown for day number 2 of the conference. What a relief!
I don't think I mentioned before but we had been practicing for a while this little skit and dance routine for the convention. Every stake does one and then there is a little competition. So we arrived early to go over the dances and there was a boy there from our stake that was giving us advice and telling us what to improve on. He even mentioned in our dress rehearsal that everyone needed to dance like the american girls. (That fact will apply later in the story)

Prior to coming to this convention, we had learned that the boy that got 4th place in the Australian So you think you can dance was lds and was going to be at the convention. Wendy and I couldn’t be more excited. I haven’t mentioned it yet because it has been really hard to deal with, but I haven’t been able to watch the american so you think you can dance at all this season because our internet is limited and so we cant really watch things on you tube or download anything. This was something I had to learn to cope with before I even got out to Australia, it was a major factor in the con side of coming to Australia so you can imagine our excitement when anything somewhat related to our love for the show takes place in Australia. All we really knew was that this boys name was Graeme.


(This is us with Grame!)


When the skits started, we noticed our new friend that had given us advice was sitting at the judges table. It didn’t take long to realize that he was Graeme. We had been talking to him all along and even more, he had said the american girls were good dancers. We loved it!
The night was really good, and we made sure to get a picture with Graeme before we left. The ride home was a lot less adventurous than the night before, but I was more than grateful for that!

(This is one of the boys that had gotten us to the bus the night before)

2 comments:

Tyler & Laura said...

Yay, it IS Brighton! I saw the link 'Brighton' on Jaci's page and I was like, "Hmm...could it be?" You are so adorable and I love your hair! How fun you're in Australia! I'm glad to see you're doing so well...I miss our fun days at the bank and good ol' John Welton James III!

Cara said...

I'm so glad you found something to temporarily help your "so you think you can dance" obsession :)
So fun to hear about your adventures, can't wait til you can call me everyday again! I don't like this crazy time zone difference!